Saturday, August 30, 2008

Project Hair Goddess: Part Une

After six years of thermal reconditioning treatments, heat styling, black hair dye and a recent round with bleach, last night I chopped off what was left of the chemically straightened hair. I haven't had hair this short since I was in kindergarten, and I feel as naked now as I did then.
My hair is naturally a frizzy/curly/wavy disaster, and while I am not ready to go so far as to chuck my flat iron or buzz my head, I am pretty tired of constant root touch-ups and the unhealthy, dull state of my hair.
My newest goal is to grow my hair out as long as possible, work with it's natural texture, and get it shades closer to my natural hue
I'm aiming for something akin to Sarah Jessica Parker's hair in the SATC movie:

And this, alas, is my hair right now:It's going to be a long, long journey, I know.


My hair rehab involves several steps:

  • Monthly 1/4-inch trims to keep ratty ends under control.

  • Pantene Beautiful Lengths shampoo & conditioner, which is supposed to make hair ten times stronger against damage using new Aquacurrent technology. Plus, part of the proceeds from the sale of Pantene's line is donated to the Beautiful Lengths program which provides wigs to women undergoing cancer treatment. Learn more about the program at BeautifulLengths.com.



P.S. I'll be posting every so often with updates.
Maybe a monthly blog entry will prompt me to
stick to my plan and baby my hair!
-M

No comments: