Friday, August 29, 2008

Another Good Purchase

Ever on the quest to NOT spend $27 on foundation, I decided to give L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation a shot. I read the ingredient lists of several drugstore options, and decided on L'Oreal Bare Naturale because it had the shortest list that included all the ingredients in Bare Escentuals BareMinerals foundation, in addition to kaolin, a natural clay that absorbs oil.

While the coverage with the included brush isn't as good as the kabuki brush that I use with my Bare Escentuals foundation, I figure that's not an important obstacle. L'Oreal's formula allows for buildable coverage, and I was pretty happy with the finish. The package is also more convenient, since you can just throw it in your bag and not have to dig around for separate pieces.

I got L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Foundation for $10.49 at Target, and I can definitely get into reducing my makeup expenditure by more than fifty percent. I plan on trying out L'Oreal Mineral Blush once I run out of my Cover Girl staple.





No comments: