1. Water
I know, I know, water is both a boring and cliché item to begin a beauty article with, but its importance is also undeniable. Getting enough water, at least five glasses a day for moderately sedentary people, is essential for keeping your body's cells plump and healthy, your hair shiny, your energy up and all your systems running smoothly. I drink a glass of water first thing after waking up, since several hours of beauty sleep means I'm dehydrated.
2. Bare Escentuals BareMinerals SPF15 Foundation in Light
I was converted from my liquid MAC foundation the moment bareMinerals touched my skin. Amazingly gentle with buildable coverage, a luminous, natural finish, and best of all, it doesn't cause breakouts. These days, the shorter an ingredient list is, the better, and this makeup only has five, the first two of which are sun blocking agents. Unbeatable.
3. Bare Escentuals All-Over Face Color in Warmth
I don't care what anyone says, most people look better with some color. But, since we all know suntans are deadly and devastating to the skin, I fake it with bronzer. A tiny bit goes a long way, so I can adjust my makeup to my [self-tan] shade du jour. A few sweeps over the cheekbones and forehead brighten my face.
4. Ayurvedic Oil
I use this body oil to protect, nourish, calm and add shine to my poor over-processed hair. It mimics the oils that are stripped out by all my blow-drying, bleaching, dyeing and flatironing. Phew, just typing all that out burns my fingertips!
5. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
After years of drugstore eyelash curlers, I finally splurged and tried the Shu Uemura, and haven't looked back. It's design better fits the shape of my eyelid, and for some reason the curl just lasts longer.
6. Cover Girl Blush in Classic Pink
The color's name says it all. Classic Pink creates sweet, rosy cheeks and brightens my eye area. Plus, so cheap!
7. Self-Tanning Body Lotion
So many drugstore brands make these lotions, and the only difference I've noticed is the scent. I like to keep some color going year round to even out imperfections.
8. Nars Lipstick in Roman Holiday
An awesome pastel pink that cheers up my face.
9. Sally Hansen Lip Inflation
Tingly, ultra shiny lip lacquer. Not good in windy conditions though.
10. Coppertone Waterbabies Sunblock Stick
I keep this on me at all times to protects my tattoos from fading in the sun. The stick means I can throw it in my purse without spillage, and keeps my hands grease-free.
No comments:
Post a Comment