The perfect mascara is, alas, my white whale. I'm continually on the quest for longer, thicker, inky black eyelashes. I usually end up falling short, stubby, and clumpy. I've tried dozens of mascaras, most of which are thrown into my black hole of a makeup drawer within a few days. I had a brief infatuation with Chanel Inimitable mascara, but I really couldn't justify to myself that $28 was a reasonable price for a tube of mascara. Ever since, I've been searching for a cheaper replica of that mascara, and the closest I've gotten so far is L'Oreal Clean Definition Telescopic mascara. This is the only mascara I've bought more than once. The stiff-bristled wand is way better than the weaker ones from Maybelline, Cover Girl, and Rimmel. The formula itself is pretty smooth too, and allows for some layer building, but it is just, well, not good enough!
Revlon recently introduced Lash Fantasy Total Definition mascara, and I bit the bullet and spent the $8.99 on yet another mascara. I've tried the two-in-one formulas before, and found nothing to be desired about the primer or the mascara itself. But Revlon has a pretty sturdy stiff-bristled brush in both formulas. I applied three coats of the primer and two of the mascara, allowing lashes to dry in between coats, repeated the process again and am pretty pleased with the almost false-eyelash result. After a few more experiments, I may be a few steps closer to finding the perfect mascara!
No comments:
Post a Comment